We are currently experiencing internet issues, some services may be delayed until internet connection is restored.

Until further notice: Cecil County Administration Building is open by appointment only. Questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Visit the Coronavirus Information page:

Tenant and Landlord Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
The Division of Permits & Inspections is responsible for investigating tenant complaints associated with all structural issues, plumbing, HVAC and electric.  For information regarding your tenant rights and landlord responsibilities, please visit the sites listed below. 
  • Cecil County Code Chapter 240 Minimum Livability Standards
    Minimum Livability Standard
    • Contact our office for additional information and if you would like to register a complaint.
  • Mold
    The Division of Permits and Inspections periodically receives questions concerning mold and requests for the inspection and testing of mold.
    Mold inspections are not performed by the Division of Permits & Inspections. But we may be able to assist you with identifying the source.  The following will give you information on mold and who to contact regarding mold within your rental unit.  

  • Maryland Department of the Environment
    • MDE's Lead Poisoning Prevention Program provides oversight for community education to parents, tenants, rental property owners, home owners, and health care providers to enhance their role in lead poisoning prevention.
    • MDE Protecting Public Health
  • Maryland Attorney General's Office, Consumer Protection Division
    This site provides information about Maryland landlord/tenant laws. It covers topics dealing with applications, leases, security deposits, rent escrow, lead paint hazards, eviction, and where to seek help if problems arise. In reviewing this material, keep in mind that many Maryland counties and Baltimore City have different landlord/tenant laws that may provide additional protections or require that you follow different procedures. Landlords and Tenants Information

    • The Legal Aid Bureau:  The Legal Aid Bureau, Inc. is a private non-profit law firm that offers free legal services to people with limited incomes. If you require legal help to resolve a landlord-tenant dispute, and are financially eligible for the Bureau's services, you can go to one of the Legal Aid offices located throughout the state.

      Harford/Cecil County Office 5 N. Main Street Suite 200 Bel Air, MD 21014 (410) 836-8202 Harford Co. (410) 879-3755 Baltimore Co. (800) 444-9529.

      The Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division has a Mediation Unit that can help you try to resolve a dispute with a landlord.
      Downtown Baltimore Office

      200 St. Paul Place, 16th Floor
      Baltimore, MD 21202-2021
      Complaint Line:
      (410) 528-8662 or
      1 (888) 743-0023 toll-free
      9 a.m. to 3 p.m., M-F
      TDD for hearing impaired person: (410) 576-6372
      Website: (consumers can download a consumer complaint form)