PERMIT PROCESSING HOURS ARE 8 AM to 3:30 PM Monday - Friday
Permits must be applied for and picked up in person.
- Permit application must be completed by the owner of the property, authorized representative of the owner(s) or a licensed contractor. If the owner(s) of the property are not applying then written authorization (letter of permission) is required from the owner(s) before the permit can be issued.
- A $30.00 non-refundable application fee will be required at time of application which is deducted from the cost of the permit fee. Payment may be made by cash, check, money order or certain credit cards. There is a third party convenience/transaction fee when paying via credit card.
- Select the building application for the specific type of work that you will be doing. Please use the FAQs or Codes section of this website to answer any questions you may have or contact our office 410-996-5235.
- Attached to each permit application is a check list of information that is required to be submitted with the permit application.
- All applications ask for the property account information. This information can be obtained by visiting the State Department of Assessment and Taxation's Real Property Data Search or from perusing property tax records.
- If property is within the incorporated Town limits of Cecilton, Chesapeake City, Charlestown, North East, Perryville, or Port Deposit their approval documentation must be submitted with the permit application.
- New Single, Modular & Multi-Family Dwellings
- Sprinklers are mandatory in new dwellings
- Residential Additions & Renovations
- Residential Accessory Structures
- Residential Swimming Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
- Residential Decks/Porch/Patio/Gazebo/Pergola/Pavillion
- Manufactured Homes
- In-Water Projects
- Sanitary Permits (Only required if requested by Health Department)
COMMERCIAL / INDUSTRIAL/CONSTRUCTION TRAILERS
Agricultural buildings are buildings intended for the purpose to house farm implements, hay, grain, poultry, livestock, silos, manure pit, or other horticulture products. This structure shall not be a place of human habitation or a place of employment where agricultural products are processed, treated or packaged, nor shall it be a place used by the public. If intended use is other than this scope of work use the commercial application.
CHANGE OF USE and TENANT FIT OUTS
SIGNS, TANKS and TOWERS