MARBIDCO Pandemic Adjustment Loan Fund Program Now Open:
MARBIDCO Pandemic Adjustment Loan Program Press Release
Coronavirus Update Center for Maryland Agriculture
Maryland Farm Bureau has launched a COVID-19 update center to provide timely updates with information affecting Maryland food and farming. The page will be updated as new information is made available. More here.
Impact of COVID-19 on Agriculture
A new page dedicated to providing information on how coronavirus is impacting agriculture is now active on American Farm Bureau’s website. More here.
COVID-19: Update to Food Supply Chain
As the State of Maryland continues its unprecedented response to COVID-19, the Maryland Department of Agriculture is emphasizing the need for businesses involved in the state’s food supply chain to continue production. More here.
Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response
If you work in a critical infrastructure industry, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, such as healthcare services and pharmaceutical and food supply, you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule. More here.
Farmers Markets Should Continue Operations During State of Emergency
The Maryland Department of Agriculture considers farmers markets an essential business and an important source of food for many Marylanders. More here.
Mid-Atlantic Find-A-Farmer or Market Map https://www.futureharvestcasa.org/resources/find-farmer-or-market-map
Form to list your operation on the map https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfEXHdNU0WfQhjmCfBgVE9iIPqd37IEP8Cr1nsIAh5MM1mXcA/viewform
Food Safety - NC State webpage: https://foodsafety.ces.ncsu.edu/covid-19-resources/
RESOURCES FOR DAIRY FARMERS
The CDC provides clear guidance about preventing infection in both English and Spanish. It also provides a number of printable factsheets and posters in English and Spanish suitable for use in the workplace.
Below are resources that dairy farmers are encouraged to review and use as appropriate:
- Dairy Farmer Handbook on Coronavirus Prevention and Management, NMPF
- What dairy farmers must know about COVID-19, Hoard’s Dairyman
- Novel Coronavirus Prevention & Control for Farms, Cornell University Agricultural Workforce Development
- What You Need to Know Now About Coronavirus (COVID-19) on Your Dairy (English and Spanish), AllTech
- Posters: What You Need to Know Now About Coronavirus (COVID-19) on Your Dairy (English and Spanish), AllTech
- Staying Proactive on the Farm: COVID-19 (English and Spanish), Adapted from Dairy Farmers of America materials
- COVID-19 and Your Dairy Webinar, Cornell University Agricultural Workforce Development
- COVID-19: 5 Things Your Farm Should Do Now, Farm Journal
- Five Crisis Planning Tips to Combat COVID-19, Dairy Herd Management
- Resources Available to Address COVID-19, Dairy Herd Management
- Be Prepared: What Should Employers Do About the Coronavirus?, National Law Review
- Stress & Wellness Resources, Center for Dairy Excellence