Until further notice: Cecil County Administration Building is open by appointment only. Questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Visit the Coronavirus Information page:


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • Where can I find detailed information regarding program and administrative policies?

    You can find and review detailed policies regarding our programs in the CCHA Administrative Plan.

  • I have just applied for Section 8 assistance and I am living on the street. Will this help me move up faster on the list?

    NO, please contact Department of Social Services at 410-996-0100.

  • I am on disability. Will that place me higher up on the waiting list for rental assistance?

    No. Disability services are also available through the Cecil County Department of Social Services (telephone 410-996-0100; from Rising Sun, dial 410-658-2145) and the Cecil County Health Department.

  • Do you have emergency housing assistance?

    NO, please contact Social Services at 410-996-0100 or visit

  • How long is the waiting list for rental assistance?

    Approximately 3 to 3.5 years from the date of application. Also remember that during the wait time you are responsible for keeping your address, household, and income information up-to-date.

  • I am a veteran in need of a place to live. Is there any special help available?

    Yes, In April 2008 the Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), in conjunction with the Veterans Administration (VA) approved a new program called HUD/VASH. It is a collaboration between HUD, the local housing agency and the local VA hospital at Perry Point, Maryland. To obtain a referral for rental assistance contact Patricia Lane, 410-642-2411 ext 5506.