As per the Cecil County Charter, Section 214, the County Council of Cecil County appointed a Redistricting Commission on March 19, 2013 to develop a Plan of Residency Districts for Cecil County. Membership on the Commission is comprised of five (5) individuals appointed by the Democratic Central Committee, five (5) individuals appointed by the Republican Central Committee and one (1) individual appointed by the Council. Each residency district is represented by one of the five appointees from each Central Committee, and the appointee from the Council serves as Chair of the Commission.
The Redistricting Commission has until November 15, 2013 to submit the Plan of Redistricting report to the Council. The Council shall schedule a public hearing within thirty days of receiving the plan. All meetings are held in the Perryville Room of the County Administration Building, 200 Chesapeake Blvd., Elkton.
Redistricting Meetings are open to the public and meetings are posted on the public meetings calendar on our website.
Redistricting Commission Members
Chair and Council Appointment
- C. Ewing McDowell
Democratic Central Committee:
- Betty Elliason - District 1
- H. Norman Wilson - District 2
- Bob Porter - District 3
- Pam Howard - District 4
- Wyatt Wallace - District 5
Republican Central Committee:
- Anna Maria Buehler - District 1
- Phil Sneeringer - District 2
- Gerry Carpenter - District 3
- Jerry Roope - District 4
- Diane Carabetta - District 5
Meeting Minutes 2013
- Resolution No. 10-2013 - Appointments - Redistricting Commission
- Resolution No. 37-2013 - Appointment - Redistricting Commission
- Resolution No. 65-2013 - Appointment - Redistricting Commission
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Jim Massey, Council Manager at 410.996.5201 or via email to email@example.com.