The Community Services & Resource Directory is provided as a service to the visitors of our site who would like information on local businesses and services.
Cecil County Government does not represent or warranty the goods or services of businesses or resources listed in this directory. This directory is intended only to provide contact information for local services.
Community Partnerships/Volunteer Cecil
- Departments:Community Services
- Divisions:Volunteer Resources
- Phone:(410) 996-8416
The Department of Community Services (DCS) promotes, supports and celebrates volunteerism in Cecil County through:
- Volunteer Cecil - a grant-funded initiative through the Maryland Governor's Office on Service & Volunteerism, which seeks to strengthen the volunteer spirit in residents of all ages. Volunteer Cecil uses a web-based system to connect individuals with volunteer opportunities. Organizations utilizing volunteers have access to the web-based system to post needs and events. In addition, Volunteer Cecil provides volunteer management resources to organizations within Cecil County.
- The Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) - a grant-funded initiative through the Corporation for National and Community Service, which strives to place adults 55+ in meaningful service activities. Older volunteers receive assistance in finding just the right volunteer spot where they can use their experience and passion for the greater good.
- A wide variety of volunteer opportunities within DCS like: Home Delivered Meals, Medical Transportation, Telephone Reassurance, Fitness Volunteers, Volunteer Ombudsman...and more!
Want more information? Please call or email us! 410-996-8416 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Volunteering!