Cecil County Closures and Updates Due to Novel Coronavirus - Updated for March 25, 2020, 12:00 p.m.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 25, 2020
ELKTON, MD. – As of this morning, per the Cecil County Health Department, there are FIVE confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus in Cecil County.
Please visit the Maryland Department of Health website for more information and the latest statistics: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/.
Cecil County remains under a state of emergency as issued by County Executive McCarthy on Monday, March 23rd. The Cecil County Administration Building remains closed to the public, except by appointment only. The main number to the administration building is 410-996-5200.
Governor Hogan addressed many issues this morning during his press conference. The announcement was made that public school closures in the state of Maryland would be extended through April 24, 2020. Please visit the Governor’s website for more details.
Cecil County Public Schools will provide more information on the extended closure and learning resources soon.
The following updates were provided by local public information officers throughout Cecil County this morning:
Cecil County Council
Council work sessions will be suspended until May 12th.
The first Council budget hearing will be held on Tuesday, April 7th at 4:30 p.m.; and next Legislative Session will follow at 7:00 p.m.
Cecil County Trash Bash: The county-wide Trash Bash event, scheduled for April 18th, has been canceled.
Cecil County Solid Waste: Household Hazardous Waste Day, scheduled for April 19th, has been canceled.
Cecil County Sheriff’s Office:
In response to COVID-19, the following precautions are being taken by the Cecil County Sheriff’s Office:
- All civilian ride-alongs with the patrol division have been suspended.
- Building tours will not be conducted until further notice.
- Public fingerprinting services will not be available until further notice.
- Visitation to the Cecil County Detention Center has been suspended.
- Access to the Detention Center by volunteers for all programs has been suspended.
The Cecil County Sheriff’s will continue to respond to all calls where a deputy’s on scene response is needed. However, the Sheriff’s Office will handle non priority calls and incidents that do not require a deputy’s physical presence by telephone. There is no change regarding how the public will contact the Cecil County Sheriff’s Office.
- The triage tent on Singerly Avenue is now operational every day from noon until 8:00 p.m.
- If someone thinks they have coronavirus symptoms and they do not have a primary care physician, they should call Union Primary Care at 410-620-0545.
- As of 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 24th, all visitors are required to wear a surgical mask the entire time they are visiting the hospital.
- The hospital is appreciative of the community’s response in the request to sew cloth masks. At this time, the hospital does not need any additional support on making cloth masks.
- Child Support Services: 800-332-6347
- FIA: 410-996-0100, option 1
- CPS/APS intake line: 410-996-0100, option 3 (this includes food referrals)
- OHEP: 410-996-0270
Other important links for Cecil County agencies relating to COVID-19:
- Cecil County Animal Services: https://www.ccgov.org/government/animal-services
- Cecil County Circuit Court: https://www.courts.state.md.us/clerks/cecil
- Cecil County Department of Emergency Services: https://www.ccdes.org/. In the event of a true emergency, please dial 911.
- Cecil County Elections Office: https://www.ccgov.org/government/election-board
- Cecil County Government: https://www.ccgov.org/services/coronavirus
- Cecil County Finance: https://www.ccgov.org/government/finance
- Cecil County Health Department: http://cecilcountyhealth.org/ or Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Call Line: 410-996-1005
- Cecil County Help Center: https://www.cecilhelp4u.com/Help-Center.html
- Cecil County Housing Office: https://www.ccgov.org/government/community-services/housing
- Cecil County Land Use & Development Services (incl. Permitting Office): https://www.ccgov.org/government/land-use-development-services
- Cecil County Office of Economic Development: https://www.ccgov.org/government/economic-development
- Cecil County Public Library: https://www.cecil.ebranch.info/
- Cecil County Public Schools: https://www.ccps.org/
- Cecil County Sheriff’s Office: https://www.ccgov.org/government/sheriff-s-office. In the event of a true emergency, please dial 911.
- Cecil Soil Conservation: https://www.cecilscd.com/covid-19
- Cecil Transit: www.ceciltransit.com
- Office of the State’s Attorney for Cecil County: https://www.ccgov.org/government/state-s-attorney-s-office
- Register of Wills, Cecil County: http://registers.maryland.gov/main/cecil.html
- Aberdeen Proving Ground: https://www.facebook.com/APGMd
Please visit your local municipality websites and/or social media pages for information specific to your town:
To stay current on developments regarding the Novel Coronavirus on the following federal and state websites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.coronavirus.gov/
- Maryland Department of Health: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/
- The Office of Governor Hogan: https://governor.maryland.gov/coronavirus/
- Johns Hopkins University & Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Please continue to practice good hygiene by washing and sanitizing hands frequently, avoid contact with sick people, cough or sneeze into your elbow, practice social distancing at all times and self-isolate if needed.
Be well and take care of yourselves, Cecil County. We are in this together.
Please contact Jennifer Lyall at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Public Information Officer
Cecil County Government