The Cecil County Board of County Commissioners will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, November 3, 2009; 7:00 P.M; Cecil County Administration Building, 200 Chesapeake Blvd., Elkton, MD to consider proposed amendments to the Cecil County Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual as follows:
· HR-001 A: Unclassified positions: changed Treasurer's Office Staff to Deputy Treasurer
· HR-001 F: Silent Whistle Program – only for County employees' use; no password needed
· HR-002 B: Employment Types – Contract/Grant employees are not eligible for health/Rx, dental or vision coverage, pension or personal floating holidays; Disciplinary policies apply per the MOU
· HR-002 B: Regular Full-time Appointment – changed from 40 hours/week to 80 hours/pay period or 76 hours/pay period for 12-hour shift workers
· HR-002 E: The Treasurer's Office classified staff will be subject to 6-month probationary period
· HR-004 C: Holiday Pay – Under 24-hour public safety operations – added "If accrued holidays are not used by end of calendar year, they will be forfeited; if paid sick leave taken on the holiday, the holiday will be accrued and sick leave will be reduced"
· HR-004 Chart revision for Sheriff's Office employees – added "employee rated below 3 will not qualify for an increase until performance improves
· HR-006 B: Family and Medical Leave – added definition of son or daughter that would be covered
· HR-006 N: County would pay employee for the first 3 days of any compensable disability that didn't go past 14 days
· Glossary – Offset Time – defined for same workweek/pay period
The proposed changes and revised manual are available in the Human Resources Department, 200 Chesapeake Blvd., Suite 2800, Elkton, MD or at the Cecil County Government website ccgov.org.
Individuals requiring auxiliary aids for effective communications during this public hearing should contact this office no later than October 30, 2009, Voice 410 996-5203 or TTD through Maryland Relay Services 1-800-735-2258.
By: Alfred C. Wein, Jr.