Click here for PDF version: Animal Control Interim Plan for Cecil County
CECIL COUNTY GOVERNMENT
ANIMAL CONTROL INTERIM PLAN
August 31, 2012 – January 1, 2013
INTERIM ANIMAL CONTROL SERVICES During the interim period or until a new vendor is selected, the County will not be able to handle calls or complaints for stray animals. We apologize for this inconvenience and recommend that anyone who contains a stray animal contact one of the organizations listed under Animal Rescue and Other Resources. Complaints regarding wildlife should be directed to the Department of Natural Resources Wildlife Division at 1-877-463-6497.
From August 31, 2012 through January 1, 2013, EMERGENCY calls for animal control services where there is a concern for the safety of a person, or a situation where a person is in danger will be handled by dialing 9-1-1. The appropriate Law Enforcement agency will be dispatched to investigate the situation. The investigating officer will determine the need for animal control. If service is needed, the officer will contact the dispatch center and they will contact the on-call animal control technician to respond as needed.
OVERVIEW OF INTERIM PLAN
Cecil County issued a request for proposals (RFP) seeking a new vendor to provide these services and the deadline for submittal is September 14, 2012. The Animal Control Interim Plan is intended to provide basic animal control services from August 31, 2012 through January 1, 2013, or approximately 120 days. The county has a contract with three vendors to provide the following services during the interim period:
1. Animal control service: capture and transport of animal to shelter, animal hospital, or carcass disposal facility. During the interim period, services are not available to capture stray animals. Please see the section: Animal Rescue and Other Resources.
2. Animal shelter service: animal will be boarded at the shelter up to 8 days or more, until the animal is claimed by the owners, or until the animal is placed in rescue or other adoption alternative. The animal shelter will attempt to find a home for the animal if it is not claimed by the owners.
3. Animal hospital (24hr.) service: an injured animal, or an animal suspected of having rabies will be transported to an animal hospital and attempts will be made to contact the owner.
OTHER AVAILABLE RESOURCES FOR ANIMAL CARE
County officials will be monitoring calls for animal control services and every effort will be made to respond to the demand for services during this interim period. We have provided a list of other facilities and organizations in the community that may have the resources to respond faster and provide better service for stray or unwanted animals.
If you have any questions or need more information regarding the Animal Control Interim Plan, please contact County Administrator Al Wein at 410.996.5202 or via email to email@example.com
ANIMAL RESCUE & OTHER RESOURCES
Wildlife/Wild Animals – Contact the Department of Natural Resources at 1-877-463-6497
Eastern Shore Animal League, Inc. (Division of the SPCA)
· Phone: 410-885-2342 or 410-398-9555
· 3280 Augustine Herman Highway, P.O. Box 665, Chesapeake City, MD 21915
Four Paws and a Tail Rescue
· Phone: (410) 392-4188
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (best way to reach them)
All Paws Animal Wellness
· Phone: 410-642-6396
· 1098 Principio Furnace Road, Perryville, MD 21903
Paws for Life
· Phone: (302) 376-PAWS
· PO Box 407, Chesapeake City, MD 21915
Greystone Horse Rescue
· Phone: 410-658-7733
· 1755 Principio Road,Rising Sun, MD 21911
If your organization is located in Cecil County and you would like to have your name added to this list, please call the County Administrator's Office at 410.996.5202 or email Katie Piazza at email@example.com
306 Cinnabar Lane, Bel Air, MD 21015
Humane Society of Harford County, Inc
· 2208 Connolly Road, Fallston, MD 21047
· Phone: (410) 836 – 1090
A Buddy For Life, Inc.
Please note, we do not have a physical shelter, our dogs and cats are in foster homes.
We do however, have a mailing address:
A Buddy For Life Inc. , 1148 Pulaski Hwy, Suite 309, Bear, DE 19701
· 3705 Lancaster Pike , Wilmington, DE 19805
· Phone: 302-998-2995
Animal Humane Sanctuary
· Smyrna, Delaware
· Phone: (302) 653-2510
Faithful Friends Animal Society
· 12 Germay Drive, Wilmington DE 19804
· Phone: (302) 427-8514
Humane Society of Kent County
· 10720 Augustine Herman Highway, Chestertown, MD 21620
· Phone: 410-778-3648