The Stormwater Management Division operates under the Cecil County Department of Public Works and is responsible for the development, management and execution of the Cecil County Erosion & Sediment Control and Stormwater Management programs. This division ensures the effective administration of and compliance with the Cecil County Code and other applicable laws, regulations and standards.
Promote environmental stewardship of natural resources within the county during the development process to ensure the protection of those resources from the effects of sedimentation and stormwater pollution. The department is committed to working towards maintaining and improving water quality of the water resources in the county while also preserving the quality of life of all residents by:
- Holding public and private institutions accountable for meeting standards and specifications to which they have agreed upon to pursue development activities.
- Working with the development community prior to, during and following construction activities to set achievable expectations and objectives.
- Working cooperatively with other local, state and federal agencies with similar missions.
- Providing educational opportunities and outreach programs and activities.
- Providing enforcement of the local erosion and sediment control and stormwater management ordinances.