The Manager of Information Technologies is responsible for the following:
- Identify current and future IT needs through collaboration with staff as well as end users.
- Build and maintain policy as it applies to Information Technology.
- Oversee the maintenance and administration of the network infrastructure.
- Acquire and maintain appropriate training for the IT staff.
- Maintain daily communication with the Director of Information Technology as it applies to personnel, policies and the County infrastructure.
- Interface with vendors and organizations in an effort to form partnerships which best serve the interests of the County from an IT perspective.
- Oversee the security of the County infrastructure, and the data that it maintains.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing between IT and the end users through documentation, class offerings and direct guidance.
- Project management as it applies to each team within the IT department.
- Successful implementation of all projects and solutions proposed by the Director of Information Technology.
"I feel confident in the abilities of my department to provide Cecil County with a network infrastructure that is secure, reliable and flexible. I am excited to be a part of the growth and development of Cecil County, and will continue to explore all opportunities for improvement as they apply to the field of IT."