Maryland Department of Agriculture Mosquito Control Program
The Maryland Department of Agriculture provides mosquito control services, in cooperation with participating governments, as authorized by State Law. For information on this program, please visit the Maryland Department of Agriculture website at http://mda.maryland.gov/plants-pests/pages/mosquito_control.aspx
Procedures to be enrolled in the annual Mosquito Control Program:
- Complete the annual Mosquito Spraying Application form.
- Complete the annual Community Application for Adult Mosquito Control if enrolling a community.
- Return completed forms to:
200 Chesapeake Blvd., Suite 1100
Elkton, MD 21921
Fax to (410) 996-5206
Email to email@example.com.
- Mosquito personnel will then contact you to visit the sight, do surveillance* and take action if appropriate. This procedure may take several days.
*Surveillance may consist of light traps, wet area assessment, larva counts or suggestions on what you can do to reduce the problem. If needed, an application of ultra low volume insecticide may be done at that time.
Note: If you are not home at the time of the visit, an action report will be left.
Enrollment commences annually in April and continues through the spraying season. Spraying usually begins in late May or early June and continues through September. Spraying may continue into October if conditions warrant.
How much does it cost?
While the cost of this service is shared by:
- The Community or Individual
- The Maryland Department of Agriculture
- The Cecil County Government
the amount you will pay will be determined upon the site evaluation.
You will be billed monthly by the Cecil County Finance Office starting in July to include May and June's activity. The billings are due upon receipt.
If you have any questions, please contact the Cecil County Finance Office at (410) 996-8054 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.