- Register to Vote/Update Registration - New registrations, address changes, name changes, and changes of party affiliation - Register Online
- Election Day Frequently Asked Questions - What you need to know before voting, while voting, after voting, and other rules and information
- How to Vote - New Voting System - How Maryland Votes step by step video and details surrounding the voting system
- Primary Elections - How is the Primary Election different from the General Election? Can anyone vote in the Primary Election?
- Provisional Voting - purpose, procedure and process
- Accessibility for Voters with Disabilities - ADA requirements for polling locations and accessibility of the voting process
- 2018 Election Calendar
- U.S. Election Assistance Commission
Recognized Political Parties in Maryland
Kathleen Matthews, Chairman
Scherod Barnes, Vice Chair
Stephanie Potter, Executive Director
275 West Street Suite 305
Annapolis, MD 21401
Hunt Hobbs, Co-Chair
Virginia Rodino, Co-Chair
100 E. 23rd St
Baltimore, MD 21218
Bob Johnston, Chairman
Chelsey Snyder, Co-Chairman
P.O. Box 176
Abingdon, MD 21009-0176
Dirk Haire, Chairman
Patrick O’ Keefe, Executive Director
91 Main St. 2nd Floor
Annapolis, MD 21401
Please visit our page titled "Primary Election FAQs" for information on voting in Maryland primary elections.
How to Vote
- Early Voting: Beat the lines and cast your vote the week prior to Election day. Visit the Early Voting page for details.
- Election Day: Visit your designated voting precinct (as opposed to Early Voting). Select Find Your Polling Place to see where you should vote on Election day.
- Absentee: For voters who are registered, but unable to vote in person. Visit our Absentee Voting page for specific details and deadlines.
- Military and Overseas Voters: Determine if you qualify to vote a Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot with the Federal Voter Assistance Program. For more information please visit Overseas and Military Voters.
For information regarding Senatorial and Delegate Scholarships, please visit the College Student Resources tab.