Welcome to the
Cecil County Office of Economic Development
The Cecil County Office of Economic Development seeks to stimulate economic growth and job creation through the expansion of existing businesses, the attraction of new businesses, the advancement of tourism and the promotion of agriculture.
Cecil County is...
- Strategically located between Baltimore & Philadelphia
- Easily accessible to international airports, major universities, and the Interstate 95/U.S. 40 corridor
- Split by the C&D Canal (the 3rd busiest shipping canal in the world) connecting the Delaware River to the Chesapeake Bay and providing access to major seaports
- Home to industry leaders, such as: W.L. Gore, Terumo, Northrop Grumman, Amazon and Ikea
- Large industrial and commercial sites available for development
- Fast-Track Permitting, Maryland Enterprise Zones, Cecil Catalyst and other incentives
- Home to a large agriculture land base and thriving agricultural industries
- Home to awesome tourist destinations, scenic rivers and landscapes, and vast recreational opportunities