The Community Wellness Division
The Community Wellness Division provides and promotes a wide variety of health and wellness opportunities, nutrition programs, and social and recreational activities. The Division has strong partnerships with the Cecil County Health Department, Cecil College, the YMCA of Cecil County, Union Hospital of Cecil County. For information on specific programs, please click on the links below or give us a call:
- Elkton Senior Center
- Healthy Lifestyles Fitness Center
- Healthy Options Program for Seniors (H.O.P.S.) - FREE classes designed to help adults 55+ get in shape and stay there! For a class schedule and location, please call 410-996-8177 or check our links on the right.
- Home Delivered Meal Program - a hot, nutritious noon meal and a cold box lunch are delivered three days a week to eligible homebound persons 60 years of age and older. Client contributions are solicited. Call 410-996-5295 to schedule an eligibility screening.
- Living Well: Take Charge of Your Health - free programs for people who cope with a chronic disease or who care for someone with a chronic condition. Our Living Well flyer provides lots of information. These are our current classes: Living Well wit Diabetes April 16 - May 21, 2018 and April 24 - May 29, 2018.
- Splashing Seniors Program - water aerobics classes offered through a partnership with the YMCA of Cecil County. Participants must register at either the Healthy Lifestyles Fitness Center or the Elkton Center and receive a Swimmer's Membership Card before they can participate in the program. Client contributions are encouraged. For more information, please call 410-996-8165. Please click here for more information.