Public Hearing: Proposed Elkton West Sanitary Sewer Extension Project
- Date: 05/01/2019 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: Cecil County Administration Building
200 Chesapeake Blvd
Elkton, Maryland 21921
- Introduction: In accordance with §97-14 of the Code of Cecil County, the Cecil County Department of Public Works will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Elk Room of the Cecil County Administration Building, 200 Chesapeake Blvd, Elkton, Maryland
CECIL COUNTY, MARYLAND
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PROPOSED ELKTON WEST SANITARY SEWER EXTENSION PROJECT
In accordance with §97-14 of the Code of Cecil County, the Cecil County Department of Public Works will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Elk Room of the Cecil County Administration Building, 200 Chesapeake Blvd, Elkton, Maryland regarding Phases 3, 4, and 5 of the proposed “Construct Elkton West Sanitary Sewer Subdistrict” Wastewater Capital Improvement Plan project (Project # 55064).
The “Construct Elkton West Sanitary Sewer Subdistrict” project (hereinafter referred to as the “Elkton West project”) is intended to provide sanitary sewer service to that portion of the County’s designated growth area lying generally to the west of the corporate limits of the Town of Elkton, south of Interstate 95, and north of the Amtrak rail line. It is the County’s intent to extend sanitary sewer service to the area in phases over time to protect public health and the environment and to help facilitate economic development.
Phases 3, 4, and 5 of the project, which are the subject of this public hearing, propose to extend sanitary sewer service to portions of the US 40/Route 7 corridor which are not currently served by sanitary sewer, including:
- 900 – 1400 blocks of US40/Pulaski Highway (Phase 3A)
- 400 block of US40/Pulaski Highway and 2000 – 2200 blocks of Route 7/E. Old Philadelphia Road generally between Route 279 and Thiokol Road (Phase 3B)
- Triumph Industrial Park (Phase 3C)
- 1800 – 2000 blocks of Route 7/E. Old Philadelphia Road (Phase 4A)
- 1000 – 1200 blocks of Nottingham Road (Phase 4B)
- 2000 – 2200 blocks of Route 7/E. Old Philadelphia Road (Phase 5)
Maps showing specifically which parcels will be served by each phase of the project will be available on the Cecil County Government website at www.ccgov.org and at the County Administration Building, 200 Chesapeake Boulevard, Elkton, Maryland. For more information contact the Cecil County Department of Public Works at (410) 996-5259.
Prior to the Public Hearing, from 6:00 – 6:50pm on May 1, 2019, staff members from the Department of Public Works will conduct an informal public information session regarding the Elkton West project. Property owners and other interested stakeholders will have the opportunity to view maps showing the parcels to be served by each project phase and to ask questions to help better understand the project. The formal public hearing will commence at 7:00pm.
Persons wishing to provide input but who are not able to attend the public hearing may do so in writing via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter addressed to Director of Public Works, Cecil County Administration Building, 200 Chesapeake Blvd, Suite 2400, Elkton, Maryland 21921. For best consideration, written input should be received by 5:00pm, Friday, May 10, 2019.
By: W. Scott Flanigan, P.E., Director of Public Works/Director of Sanitary Facilities
To be published in Cecil Whig 4/17/19 and 4/26/19