Trash Bash 2019
- Date: 04/27/2019 7:00 AM - 6:59 PM
- Room NumberNo
In an effort to maintain the beauty of where we live, work and play, and do our part to minimize pollution, Cecil County Executive Alan McCarthy invites the community to participate in a county-wide TRASH BASH 2019 on April 27th - to coincide with month-long Earth Day festivities, the worldwide celebration designated to preserve and protect the environment.
We would like to encourage local businesses, neighborhoods, and organizations to join in on picking up and properly disposing of trash in and around Cecil County. This event is really about cleaning up our yards and surrounding sub-divisions. We would like families and friends to work together to simply take a few minutes out of their day to improve their immediate surroundings.
The safety of our citizens is always the first priority. When participating in Trash Bash 2019, or any clean-up day, please remember the following:
• Do not pick up any hazardous or questionable materials, including hypodermic needles. Contact your local law enforcement agency immediately for assistance.
• Keep a first aid kit on hand.
• Supervise children at all times.
• Stay away from busy roads.
• Wear gloves and brightly colored clothes.
• Only plan to participate during day time hours.
• When finished, place your collected debris and garbage bags in your household receptacles for proper disposal.
For more information, contact:
Public Information Officer